About The IBM Lexmark Wheelwriter 1000
Whether you are looking for a typewriter for your classroom, business or home, the versatile and reliable IBM Lexmark Wheelwriter 1000 has got you covered. The IBM Lexmark Wheelwriter 1000 incorporates the high quality and performance of the larger IBM Lexmark Wheelwriter powerhouse typewriters but in a more compact size. With its reliability and ease of use, classic "IBM Selectric Touch" keyboard and excellent print quality, the IBM Lexmark Wheelwriter 1000 Typewriter is the most solid performer of its type.
With a reputation for providing the best in features and reliability for decades of service, the IBM Lexmark Wheelwriter series is the obvious choice for your typing needs.
IBM Lexmark Wheelwriter 1000 Features:
- Pitch: 10, 12 or 15 characters per inch and proportional spacing
- Line Spacing: 1", 1.5", 2", 3"
- Paper Capacity: 14.75" (375 mm)
- Writing Line: 11.0" (279 mm), visible print line
- Keyboard: 96-character
- Print Speed: 16 Characters per second (CPS) bi-directional
- Spell Check supplies an interactive 50,000 word-dictionary for locating spelling errors. There is additional room for you to create your own unique 300-word dictionary to meet special needs.
- Automatic Correction: allows you to lift off or erase any of the last 4,000 bytes you typed or a full page of text easily and efficiently.
- Reprint helps you save time as well as trips to the copier by printing multiple copies of an original.
- Stop Codes allow the typewriter to be stopped during reprint to change text, type style, ribbon or line spacing.
- PC Printer Option allows you to connect to a computer during the reprint to change text, type style, ribbon or line spacing — Connecting to a computer also allows you to get the superior impact print quality of the Wheelwriter Typewriter
- Programmable Top Margin lets you set the top margin.
- Word Tab lets you automatically jump left or right from word to word.
- Word Erase permits you to erase entire words at a time.
- All general typing tasks such as envelopes, labels, forms, memos and letters
IBM Lexmark Wheelwriter 1000 Functions:
- Alternate Languages — an alternate language keyboard allows you to type in many languages, such as French and Spanish, as well as special applications such as ASCII (PC) and Latin Supplemental, with the apprpraite IBM Catridge Printwheel II.
- Automatic Carrier Return
- Automatic Centering
- Battery Backup
- Bold Print
- Continuous Underscore
- Correction Buffer: 6,000
- Decimal Tab
- Express Cursor and Relocate Keys
- Line Find
- PowerWise Energy Conservation System
- Right Flush
- Selection of Pitches (10, 12, 15, PS)
- Selectric Touch Keyboard
- Spell Check
- Subscript and Superscript
- Word Tab / Erase / Underscore
IBM Lexmark Wheelwriter 1000 Specifications:
- Power Supply: Universal Power Supply, Auto-Sensing 100-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz, 0.8-0.4A, with battery backup
- Line Cord 2-wire
- Dimensions: 5.7" H x 19.1" W x 17.1" D (145mm x 485mm x 434mm)
- Weight: 23 lbs (10.5kg)
- Warranty: 3-Months (Same as the original factory warranty)
What's in the box:
- IBM Lexmark Wheelwriter 1000 inspected by our factory certified typewriters.com techs
- User’s Guide
- Standard AA batteries
- Correctable ribbon cassette
- Correctable lift-off tape cassette
- IBM Printwheel II
- New typewriter ribbon