About The IBM Lexmark Wheelwriter 6 Series II
The IBM Lexmark Wheelwriter 6 Series II is the same as the Wheelwriter 6, but has a new style cover.
The IBM Lexmark Wheelwriter 6 Series II high-quality impact printing typewriter makes glare a thing of the past with non-glare keys that help minimize eye fatigue and a design that makes it easy for typists to see the print line as they type. With a large user-accessible storage capacity of 31,000 characters, typists can create letters and other documents, store them and then revise them when necessary.
The IBM Lexmark Wheelwriter series has been a solid powerhouse machine providing the best in features and reliability for decades of service.
All of our reconditioned typewriters at Typewriters.com go through an extensive 21-step reconditioning process by our service technicians before they are shipped to our customers and have a 3-month warranty. With over 50 years of being in the typewriter business, you can feel confident that you are getting the very best reconditioned products, customer service and tech support available.
IBM Lexmark Wheelwriter 6 Series II Features:
- Adjustable typing position
- Stop codes
- Justification playout
- Format storage enables typists to save up to eight frequently used formats and recall them when required.
- Revisable storage
- Correction memory holds approximately 200 characters, so you can correct a single line or multiple lines of text.
- Automatic correction cleanly removes or covers up typing errors at a touch.
- Range of pitches: 10, 12, or 15 characters per inch
- The page-end indicator helps ensure that multiple pages in a document all have the same endpoint.
- Status panel tells you at a glance which key functions are activated and which are turned off.
- Battery-protected memory allows you to store multiple pages of text for later recall and revision.
- Directory prints out the number of bytes remaining in memory.
- Decimal tabulation automatically aligns columns of numbers at or on the decimal point.
- Proportional Spacing at speeds of up to 16 cps gives the text a print-like appearance.
- Automatic carrier return means you can type continuously and at top speed without pausing.
- Automatic centering
- Automatic indent
- Relocate quickly puts you back in position to continue typing after you make a correction.
- Subscript/superscript functions automatically move the paper for insertion — then automatically restores.
- Paper capacity: 16.5" (420mm)
- Writing line: 13.2" visible point line (335mm)
- Keyboard: 96-character, adjustable
- Rated print speed: 20 characters per second (bidirectional when in reprint mode)
- Storage (appropriate): 31,000 characters
- Typists can automatically advance through stored text to the next character, word or line; to a specified text string or to the end of the document.
- A “mark” forms feature lets typists store and recall the spacing and other typing information needed to prepare frequently used preprinted forms — almost eliminating the time-consuming task of individually aligning the carrier to type in each space on the form.
- Printer Option lets you use this typewriter as printers with an IBM Personal Computer or another personal computer with compatible interface.
- Backspace (unit)
- Character stroke storage
- Continuous underscore
- Multiple word underscore
- Keyboard margin controls
- Margins/tab storage (4)
- Margin return
- Line spacing positions (4)
- Micro indexing
- Multiple language support
- Operator message panel
- Options: Display, Printer, Display/printer combination, Sound hood, Spell Check
- Page end indicator
- Pitch (4)
- Print speed as printer option (rated speeds): 13 cps (10, 12 and 15 pitch); 11 cps (proportional spacing)
- Resident diagnostics
- Semi-automatic paper insertion
- Typematic keys (14)
- Advanced revision
- Forms storage
IBM Lexmark Wheelwriter 6 Series II Specifications:
- Power supply: 120 VAC; 60 Hz
- Line cord: 2-wire (typewriter is double-insulated)
- Dimensions: 6.5" H x 21.3" W x 18.0" D
- Weight: 27 lbs.
For the U.S.: 115V, 60Hz
For Puerto Rico: 120V, 60Hz
For the U.S.: 92-character
For Puerto Rico: 96-character
- Paper feed: 1, 1.5, 2 and 3 (spacing)
6 lines per inch (25.4mm) in 10, 12 pitch
and proportional spacing; 8 lines per inch
(25.4mm) in 15 pitch
- Color: shell gray with pearl white keybuttons
- Warranty: 3-Months (Same as the original factory warranty)
What's in the box:
Wheelwriter 6 Series II inspected by our factory certified typewriters.com techs
- User’s Guide
- Standard AA batteries
- Correctable ribbon cassette
- IBM Printwheel II
- Correctable lift-off tape cassette