About The IBM Lexmark Wheelwriter 6 Series II
The IBM Lexmark Wheelwriter 6 Series II is the same as the Wheelwriter 6, but has a new style cover.
The IBM Lexmark Wheelwriter 6 Series II high-quality impact printing typewriter makes glare a thing of the past with non-glare keys that help minimize eye fatigue and a design that makes it easy for typists to see the print line as they type. With a large user-accessible storage capacity of 31,000 characters, typists can create letters and other documents, store them and then revise them when necessary.
The IBM Lexmark Wheelwriter series has been a solid powerhouse machine providing the best in features and reliability for decades of service.
IBM Lexmark Wheelwriter 6 Series II Features:
- Adjustable typing position
- Stop codes
- Justification playout
- Format storage enables typists to save up to eight frequently used formats and recall them when required.
- Revisable storage
- Correction memory holds approximately 200 characters, so you can correct a single line or multiple lines of text.
- Automatic correction cleanly removes or covers up typing errors at a touch.
- Range of pitches: 10, 12, or 15 characters per inch
- The page-end indicator helps ensure that multiple pages in a document all have the same endpoint.
- Status panel tells you at a glance which key functions are activated and which are turned off.
- Battery-protected memory allows you to store multiple pages of text for later recall and revision.
- Directory prints out the number of bytes remaining in memory.
- Decimal tabulation automatically aligns columns of numbers at or on the decimal point.
- Proportional Spacing at speeds of up to 16 cps gives the text a print-like appearance.
- Automatic carrier return means you can type continuously and at top speed without pausing.
- Automatic centering
- Automatic indent
- Relocate quickly puts you back in position to continue typing after you make a correction.
- Subscript/superscript functions automatically move the paper for insertion — then automatically restores.
- Paper capacity: 16.5" (420mm)
- Writing line: 13.2" visible point line (335mm)
- Keyboard: 96-character, adjustable
- Rated print speed: 20 characters per second (bidirectional when in reprint mode)
- Storage (appropriate): 31,000 characters
- Typists can automatically advance through stored text to the next character, word or line; to a specified text string or to the end of the document.
- A “mark” forms feature lets typists store and recall the spacing and other typing information needed to prepare frequently used preprinted forms — almost eliminating the time-consuming task of individually aligning the carrier to type in each space on the form.
- Printer Option lets you use this typewriter as printers with an IBM Personal Computer or another personal computer with compatible interface.
- Backspace (unit)
- Character stroke storage
- Continuous underscore
- Multiple word underscore
- Keyboard margin controls
- Margins/tab storage (4)
- Margin return
- Line spacing positions (4)
- Micro indexing
- Multiple language support
- Operator message panel
- Options: Display, Printer, Display/printer combination, Sound hood, Spell Check
- Page end indicator
- Pitch (4)
- Print speed as printer option (rated speeds): 13 cps (10, 12 and 15 pitch); 11 cps (proportional spacing)
- Resident diagnostics
- Semi-automatic paper insertion
- Typematic keys (14)
- Advanced revision
- Forms storage
IBM Lexmark Wheelwriter 6 Series II Specifications:
- Power supply: 120 VAC; 60 Hz
- Line cord: 2-wire (typewriter is double-insulated)
- Dimensions: 6.5" H x 21.3" W x 18.0" D
- Weight: 27 lbs.
For the U.S.: 115V, 60Hz
For Puerto Rico: 120V, 60Hz
For the U.S.: 92-character
For Puerto Rico: 96-character
- Paper feed: 1, 1.5, 2 and 3 (spacing)
6 lines per inch (25.4mm) in 10, 12 pitch
and proportional spacing; 8 lines per inch
(25.4mm) in 15 pitch
- Color: shell gray with pearl white keybuttons
- Warranty: 3-Months (Same as the original factory warranty)
What's in the box:
Wheelwriter 6 Series II inspected by our factory certified typewriters.com techs
- User’s Guide
- Standard AA batteries
- Correctable ribbon cassette
- IBM Printwheel II
- Correctable lift-off tape cassette