About The IBM Lexmark Wheelwriter 5000
With 60K of storage, the Wheelwriter 5000 combines basic word processing capabilities with an excellent heavy-duty typewriter that is perfect for filling in forms. The delayed print mode allows you to see what you are typing and correct it before printing when you get to the end of the line. Some of the features of the Wheelwriter 5000 includes bold type, spelling assistant, 10, 12 and 15 pitch, an easy change ribbon system with a 9” CRT with 25 lines of text, along with a slew of additional features.
IBM Lexmark Wheelwriter 5000 Features:
- High-resolution, 25-line screen clearly displays what you’re typing with Shade feature allowing you to view white characters on a black background or black on white.
- Document storage offers 60K of storage or up to 30 pages of text.
- Spell Check II supplies an interactive 120,000-word dictionary plus storage for unique words. It shows alternatives for misspelled words and helps you automatically make changes on the page as well as the display.
- Block Copy, move or delete features let you make fast revisions.
- Directory gives you easy-to-understand information on what’s in storage and how much space remains.
- Global search and replace automatically replaces words or phrases throughout your documents.
- Reflow enables revised text from a stored job to reflow or adjust to current margins.
- Type/Screen allows you to switch from screen to typewriter and back instantly with one keystroke.
- Additional powerful typewriter features offer such advantages as express cursor keys, full-page automatic correction, word tab/erase and line find.
- Optional 3.5" diskette drive offers unlimited storage.
IBM Lexmark Wheelwriter 5000 Specifications:
- Dimensions: 6.5”H x 21.3”W x 18.0” D (165mm x 542mm x 458mm without display
- Weight: 25 lbs (11.4kg); CRT, 13 lbs. (5.9kg)
- Pitch: 10, 12 or 15 characters per inch and proportional spacing
- Paper Capacity: 16.5” (420mm)
- Writing Line: 13.2” (335mm), visible print line
- Keyboard: 96-character language, adjustable
- Print Speed: 20 characters per second bidirectional
- Power Supply: Universal Power Supply, Auto-Sensing 100-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz, 0.8 – 0.4, Battery Back-up
- Line Cord: 2-wire
- CRT Screen: 9-inch tilt-and swivel; 25
- Display: lines x 80 characters; high resolution; brightness and contrast controls; status indicators
What's in the box:
- IBM Lexmark Wheelwriter 5000 fully reconditioned by our factory certified typewriters.com techs
- User’s Guide
- Standard AA batteries
- Correctable ribbon cassette
- Correctable lift-off tape cassette
- IBM Printwheel II